David Mann brings his unique array of talents to every engagement. He’s a playwright, an actor, and a director. He has taught performance skills for 25 years. And for the past decade, he has made professionals across the nation more successful by sharing performance secrets with them.
David has spoken at events for many Fortune 500 companies, he has conducted training seminars for corporations nationwide, and he has helped lawyers win millions for their clients – all by using principles he learned as an actor, director and playwright. David has directed and performed in plays at such internationally recognized theaters as the Guthrie, the Children’s Theater Company, and the Great River Shakespeare Festival. He is a recipient of the Bush Artist Fellowship for Storytelling, and he currently directs classic plays for theaters in the thriving Twin Cities theater scene.
A former high school teacher, David is committed to actually teaching his audiences and seminar participants rather than just offering a few glib, empty phrases. His speaking and training approach is based in proven education tradition; he wants his audiences to walk away and use the tools that same day. Because of that drive, he spends a lot of time in advance of the event getting to know the organizations he works with. He finds the exact intersection of their needs and his expertise to provide an inventive, unique, and instantly useful experience.
David has a specialized focus on persuasive presentation and storytelling for lawyers. He is on the adjunct faculty of Loyola School of Law in Chicago and the National Institute for Trial Advocacy. He conducts CLE seminars through the Professional Education Group, and he acts as storytelling and presentation consultant with private firms nationwide.
David is based in Minneapolis, Minnesota.
- $19.4M verdict in plaintiff’s case against big tobacco in 2016.
- Story and presentation consultant to lawyer representing plaintiffs against Petrobras in 2016.
- Favorable verdicts in over 10 cases in 2014-17 for Fellerman & Ciarimboli law firm.
- Favorable verdicts in 5 cases in 2014-15 for Fellerman & Ciarimboli law firm.
- Instrumental in achieving a #1 ranking for General Mills’ Minnesota manufacturing facility in 2008.
- Featured in The Business Journal in 2012 for his innovative approach to trial advocacy.
- Helped The Hartford’s Middle America division achieve a 30% sales increase in 2005.
- Received the coveted Bush Artist Fellowship for Storytelling in 2006 – one of only 15 recipients among over 675 applicants.
- Graduate of Northwestern University and London Academy of Music and Dramatic Art.
- Featured in The New Yorker and Village Voice in 2006 for his original play, Corleone: The Shakespearean Godfather.
- Created Schools on Stage, a writing and performance program for the Guthrie Theater that has served hundreds of high school students between 1998 and the present.